SpringBoard’s Box Truck Carnival Spotlight Series highlights the artists participating in ArtWorks Box Truck Carnival on the MidPoint Midway. The MidPoint Midway, part of MidPoint Music Festival, is a free event on 12th Street in Over-The-Rhine between Vine and Walnut. From September 26-28, enjoy three days of live music, local food and beer, plus the ArtWorks Box Truck Carnival, ArtWorks ArtCars and KidPoint. For more information on the Box Truck Carnival and the Midpoint Midway, visit MPMF.com.
Presented by Grace Dobush, Michelle Taute, Tricia Bateman and Julie Hill
Rocking out at MPMF for a whole weekend is hard work. If you’re running low on supplies, come to our truck, which has a wall of vending machines offering the essentials for rock-n-rollers. You’ll be able to re-up on guitar picks, pick up some hot new music or get a trophy in honor of your stellar music career!
The Rock-O-Matic is a box truck full of vending machines with rock’n’roll essentials (all DIYed out of cardboard — think Caine’s Arcade). The aesthetic is inspired by rock albums from the 1950s and classic roadside diner signage. Artist Julie Hill is hand-painting the illustrations and lettering for the vending machines.
Everyone who comes by the truck will get one ticket (worth 25 cents) for free, and you can buy more tickets (Four for $1) to keep getting stuff out of the vending machines, which are:
- MPMF 911!: emergency festival supplies, such as Band-Aids, earplugs, Kleenex and breath mints
- Instant Rockstar: rockstar supplies, such as sunglasses, tattoos, guitar picks and more
- MPMF VIP stickers: awesome stickers to let people know how important you are
- Next Big Thing Machine: pick up some hot new music that everyone will be talking about soon!
- Instant Rockstar Fortunes: get a fortune teller to divine where your rock career is going